- San Diego US
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Salary: Dependent upon Experience
SeeByte, the global leader in developing smart software for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer for a position within our team in our San Diego office. This is an ideal offer for an experienced engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity in robotics.
You can expect to become subject matter technical expert on SeeByte software onto state-of-the-art subsea robots used for exciting and varied projects, and supporting SeeByte client to evaluate and to understand SeeByte’s software solutions with our partners and clients, giving you the chance to see the real-world applications of the software you have helped create. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company.
The role will involve primarily working with SeeByte’s software products Neptune (Vehicle Autonomy Framework), SeeTrack v4 (Command and Control software for Uncrewed Vehicles) and Automatic Target Recognition (ATR) using AI and ML.
In addition to the primary role a secondary role of IT support for SeeByte is desired. This would include managing the cloud infrastructure in Azure and implementing cyber security controls.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to provide robotic solutions for the oil and gas industry and underwater defense. A significant portion of the role will involve supporting the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) in San Diego with the evaluation and demonstration of SeeByte software for the US Navy.
Support and training will be given throughout to allow you to develop within the role.
- Demonstrable 3-year experience in IT, Software or Systems Engineering
- Demonstrable 3-year experience in preparing and reviewing commercial Software Documentation including for instance Interfaces and Installation procedures.
- Demonstrable 3-year experience in managing Software Requirements
- Outgoing and comfortable working with external clients, with strong communication skills.
- Willing to take part in at-sea trials, integrating and testing SeeByte software
- Confident working in a small company environment
Experience in several of the following areas is desirable:
- IT management
- Networking system administration
- Cyber security control implmentation
- Formal system testing and evaluation
- Organizational skills and track record of delivery for software solutions
- Software architecture design
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Solid scripting skills
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc
- Ocean Engineering
- Robotics and autonomy
BS/MS degree in Science, Engineering or a related subject, equivalent experience considered
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Hybrid work from home policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots and do user research
- Annual company day out
- Support for employee-driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Outstanding EU applicants without a Visa may be considered for Visa sponsorship with SeeByte. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.