- Edinburgh or Bristol
- £30,000 to £45,000 per annum (or pro-rata) + pension scheme and bonus
- Permanent, Full-time or Part-time
SeeByte, the global leader in developing smart software solutions for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking for a Test Engineer to join their team in their Edinburgh or Bristol office.
As part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, you will be working with state-of-the-art uncrewed systems on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments. The role provides clear development, training, and career progression opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Hybrid work from home policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh or in Bristol, two great cities to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium (Edinburgh)/Fitness Sessions (Bristol)/Table Tennis (Bristol)
- On-site parking (Edinburgh)
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Applicants looking for a part-time position will be considered on a pro rata salary basis.
You will work as part of an engineering project team to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide.
SeeByte utilises state-of-the-art software test and verification tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube and Ranorex to ensure our mission management and autonomy solutions have the highest levels of reliability and integrity in a domain where quality and safety is paramount.
As a Software Test Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Working closely with the development teams, carrying out a mixture of manual UI based, and automated script-based tests on SeeByte’s products, tracking issues and reporting to the Product teams
- Communicating in a timely manner with the Product Management and Development Teams regarding test output and follow-on steps
- Use and extend SeeByte’s Continuous Delivery System to assess software quality and readiness for deployment.
- Leading, developing and contributing to test strategies, including the assessment of technologies and methods used for the continuous integration, test and delivery pipeline of SeeByte products.
- Developing, maintaining, updating and executing test plans and associated V&V activities.
- Analyse deployment scenarios and customer requirements for SeeByte’s software and produce and execute test cases under controlled conditions
- Investigating and performing root cause analysis of reported issues.
- Testing various areas of the SeeByte Products, including inter-process communications, user experience, autonomous mission planning and execution and post-mission analysis tools for collected data
- Develop new strategies to validate all aspects of the lifecycle of SeeByte software
- Graduated with a BSc Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Test experience including automated testing frameworks
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills and technology
- Experience with some of the following:
- Continuous Integration Systems such as Jenkins, CDash or Teamcity
- Developing and executing unit (C++ and C#) and integration testing
- Issue tracking systems, such as Bugzilla or Jira
- Configuration Management, such SVN, git, mercurial, bazaar
- 2+ years professional software experience (commercial or academia).
- General Linux or Windows scripting skills (e.g., bash, cmd-prompt)
- Familiar with the ‘Docs as Code’ paradigm and support tools such as Sphinx and Doxygen
- Experience with automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Software verification and deployment techniques
- Virtualisation and Container technologies, including setup and management
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to the following citizens: British; EU; Switzerland; Iceland; Norway; Albania; North Macedonia; Montenegro; Australia; New Zealand; Canada and Japan. Outstanding applicants without a UK working visa may be considered for visa sponsorship with SeeByte.
All offers of employment will be conditional to a Baseline Personal Security Standard (BPSS) process. As part of this process, SeeByte collects Personal Data as defined under UK GDPR including proof of identity, nationality and immigration status, right to work in the UK, employment and/or academic references and Basic Disclosure information for unspent criminal convictions. Please see details pertaining to your personal data in our Privacy Notice which can be found here