- Edinburgh or Bristol
- £65,000 to £85,000 (dependent on experience)
- Pension scheme, bonuses & comprehensive relocation package
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team in our Edinburgh or new Bristol office.
You will have experience managing small software-based teams, ideally have domain knowledge in robotics or a similar area, and will be equally comfortable working with internal teams or external customers and partners.
You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments with clear development, training and career progression opportunities provided. This is a fantastic opportunity
You will lead engineer project teams to deliver technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide. You will have a background in robotics or a related software field and will have experience delivering software solutions ideally involving elements such as Autonomy, A.I, Machine Learning and Command and Control of Unmanned Systems.
You will have demonstrable experience managing software technology development and engineering teams or have a commercial track record that demonstrates the ability to step-up to this level of responsibility.
- 8+ years commercial experience in Software Engineering, including leadership and management experience.
- Graduated with a BSc, MSc or PhD in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Demonstrable project and people management skills within a software development environment
- Comfortable interacting with clients and partners, representing SeeByte at external events.
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations, trials and project meetings
- Eligible to apply for UK Security Clearance
- Knowledge of technology areas relevant to SeeByte’s core business – Robotics, Machine Learning, C2
- Software Engineering Management including Agile processes
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Hybrid work from home policy
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium
- On-site parking
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES