- £30,000 to £42,000 per annum + pension scheme and bonuses
- Permanent Full time or Part time (pro rata)
SeeByte, the global leader in developing smart software solutions for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to join their team in their new Bristol office.
You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments with clear development, training and career progression opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
You will work as part of an engineering project team to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a software engineering expert, developing exciting maritime robotic software systems.
- Up to 5 years of relevant commercial experience following graduation.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Experience designing, developing and implementing modular software
- Experience working in C++/C on a Linux platform (e.g. Ubuntu) or C# for Windows UI development
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
Experience in at least some of the following areas is desirable:
- Familiarity with Robotics Middleware (e.g. ROS)
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery frameworks (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features (e.g. Boost, OpenCV, C++-17 onwards for C++ and WPF for C#)
- Experience with automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Software verification and deployment techniques
- Simulation, Robotics and Machine Learning techniques
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme.
- Flexible working hours policy.
- Hybrid work from home policy.
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots.
- Annual company day out.
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training.
- Office in the centre of Bristol, a great city to live and work.
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post, it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Outstanding EU applicants without a Visa may be considered for Visa sponsorship with SeeByte. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES