- San Diego US
- Dependent upon Experience
- Permanent, Full-Time
SeeByte, the global leader in developing of smart software solutions for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to join their team in their San Diego office.
You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments with clear development, training and career progression opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
You will work as part of an engineering project team to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a software engineering expert, developing exciting maritime robotic software systems.
- Up to 5 years of relevant commercial experience following graduation.
- Graduated with a BS or an MS in Software Engineering or a similar degree
- Experience designing, developing and implementing modular software
- Experience working in C++/C or Python on a Linux platform (e.g. Ubuntu) or C# for Windows UI development
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience in or familiarity with at least some of the following areas is desirable:
- Robotics Middleware (e.g. ROS, DDS)
- Continuous Delivery frameworks (e.g. Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features (e.g. Boost, OpenCV, C++-17)
- Automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Software verification and deployment techniques
Simulation, robotics, and machine-learning techniques
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to US Citizens or qualified Green Card holders. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES