- £40,000 to £60,000
- Pension scheme and bonuses
- Comprehensive relocation
We are looking for a senior software engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills who is keen on being developed “on-the-job” to become a Senior Project Lead able to manage projects, interact with clients, and lead development teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic software engineer who is interested in transitioning into a technical project management position.
You will be part of a world leading, expert engineering team, integrating software with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
You will begin as Technical Lead on a project, supporting the project manager in the design, development and testing of novel applications for maritime robotics systems.
You will receive on-going training and mentoring on SeeByte’s domain, customers, partners, technology and processes in preparation for taking on project management responsibilities within a 12-18 months.
You will progressively be expected to mentor and manage more junior members of the team and assist the project manager in client and partner interactions as your training progresses.
- Demonstrable software engineering experience, working as part of a team of engineers
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience mentoring engineers
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- 5 years of commercial experience
- Proficient in C++, C# or equivalent
- Keen to developing into a project manager at SeeByte within a 12 -18 month timeframe
- Ability to use state of the art techniques to develop Software Architecture
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor and supervise engineers and technical development in the company
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
- Knowledge of current Continuous Delivery framework (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features (e.g. Boost, OpenCV, C++17 onwards for C++ and WPF for C#)
- Software verification and deployment
- Technical knowledge in at least one of:
- Machine Learning
- Cloud technology
- Comprehensive Relocation Package
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training including quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium
- On-site parking
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES