- £44,000 to £65,000 + pension scheme and bonuses
- Permanent Full time or Part time (pro rata)
SeeByte, the global market leader in the development of smart software for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking to recruit Senior Java Software Engineers or Principal Engineers, with a focus on Command and Control Technologies within our team in their new Bristol office.
You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments with clear development, training and career progression opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
You will work as part of an engineering project team to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a software engineering expert, developing exciting maritime robotic software systems.
SeeByte’s solutions uses a modular, service orientated architecture which is required to process, store and analyse large quantities of data (2D and 3D) collected by underwater robots. The implementation will primarily focus on code development in Java / Netbeans.
Applicants looking for a part-time position will be considered on a pro rata salary basis.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above).
- Front end development experience using java based technology.
- Version control using GIT.
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations and trials
- Over 5 years of relevant commercial experience following graduation.
- GIS Systems.
- Software Testing.
- Database technology (e.g. SQL).
- C# / .NET development skills.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Software Testing.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme.
- Flexible working hours policy.
- Hybrid work from home policy.
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots.
- Annual company day out.
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training.
- Office in the centre of Bristol, a great city to live and work.
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Outstanding EU applicants without a Visa may be considered for Visa sponsorship with SeeByte. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES