- Edinburgh or Bristol
- £45,000 to £65,000 per annum (or pro-rata) + pension scheme and bonus
- Permanent, Full-time or Part-time
SeeByte, the global leader in developing smart software solutions for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking for a Senior Development Engineer or Principal Engineer to join their team in their Edinburgh or Bristol office.
As part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, you will be working with state-of-the-art uncrewed systems on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments. The role provides clear development, training, and career progression opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Hybrid work from home policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh or in Bristol, two great cities to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium (Edinburgh)/Fitness Sessions (Bristol)/Table Tennis (Bristol)
- On-site parking (Edinburgh)
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Applicants looking for a part-time position will be considered on a pro rata salary basis.
You will work as part of an engineering project team to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide. You will help architect, design, develop and test exciting software for uncrewed systems, as part of an agile team. You will also perform reviews and mentor junior team members. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge delivering software solutions involving elements such as Autonomy, Machine Learning and Command and Control of Uncrewed Systems.
You will have demonstrable experience architecting and delivering technical solutions meeting customer requirements within scope and within budget.
- Demonstratable software engineering experience, working as part of a team of engineers
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience mentoring engineers
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Experience working in C# for Windows UI development using WPF.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with external partners and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor engineers and manage technical development in the company
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
- 4+ years professional software experience (commercial or academia).
- Familiarity with Robotics Middleware (e.g., ROS)
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery frameworks (e.g., Docker, Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features
- Experience with automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Software verification and deployment techniques
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to the following citizens: British; EU; Switzerland; Iceland; Norway; Albania; North Macedonia; Montenegro; Australia; New Zealand; Canada and Japan. Outstanding applicants without a UK working visa may be considered for visa sponsorship with SeeByte.
All offers of employment will be conditional to a Baseline Personal Security Standard (BPSS) process. As part of this process, SeeByte collects Personal Data as defined under UK GDPR including proof of identity, nationality and immigration status, right to work in the UK, employment and/or academic references and Basic Disclosure information for unspent criminal convictions. Please see details pertaining to your personal data in our Privacy Notice which can be found here