- £45,000 to £70,000
- Pension scheme and bonuses
- Comprehensive relocation
We are looking for a Machine Learning Senior Engineer / Senior Tech Lead (dependant on suitable academic and/or commercial experience) to join our engineering team based in our Edinburgh office. You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will be working on SeeByte’s Sensor Processing technology, and take part in the development and tuning of techniques for automated image recognition and classification approaches using state of the art deep neural networks. The output from these technologies must be visualised for human understanding and provides vital input to high level autonomy capabilities. The development of generative network for realistic simulation is also an area of investigation for this role.
A PhD in relevant machine learning technology would be advantageous but not essential if suitable academic or commercial experience can be demonstrated.
You will be an expert in modern machine learning techniques, including the building and tuning of Deep Neural Networks, and will work in small development teams to develop, maintain and deliver software capabilities within the field of maritime robotics. You will have an opportunity to propose new areas of technology research and shape SeeByte’s technology roadmap, mentoring and leading engineers and interns to deliver technology solutions to our customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide.
You will ideally have experience working in the maritime domain or demonstrable experience in another sector involving relevant technology such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. A PhD in a relevant Machine Learning would be advantageous but not essential.
- MSc or PhD (Preferred) Degree in the areas of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or Neuroscience (deep neural networks)
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks in object detection/classification, generative adversarial networks and scene understanding.
- Experience with libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras or Torch.
- Experience with Machine Learning using C++ and/or Python.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations and trials
- Enthused to learn new technology
- 3+ years of commercial/academic experience with demonstrated technical skills in one or more of the following areas: deep neural networks, pattern recognition or computer vision.
- Autonomy / A.I.
- Knowledge of data mining/machine learning /deep learning algorithms
- Software verification and deployment
- Management and processing of Big Data
- Creation/Management of static and dynamic libraries
- Knowledge of Boost, OpenCV and Web Services
Having been involved in previous projects in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
- Image processing
- Data Analysis
- Modelling and Simulation
- Comprehensive Relocation Package
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A “technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES