- Edinburgh or Bristol
- Permanent, Full-Time
- £35,000 to £55,000 per annum + pension scheme and bonuses
SeeByte, the global leader in developing smart software solutions for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the team in their Edinburgh HQ or new Bristol office.
As part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, you will be working with state-of-the-art uncrewed systems on a large range of exciting projects, with clear development, training and career progression opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
You will work alongside our engineering project teams to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers worldwide.
SeeByte utilises state-of-the-art software test and verification tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube and Ranorex to ensure our mission management and autonomy solutions have the highest levels of reliability and integrity in a domain where quality and safety is paramount.
As a DevOps Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Improving the overall quality of SeeByte’s product builds and deployments with an emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability and security.
- Leading, developing and contributing to test strategies, including the assessment of technologies and methods used for the continuous integration, automated testing, and seamless delivery pipelines for SeeByte’s software products.
- Investigating and performing root cause analysis.
- Develop new strategies to validate all aspects of the lifecycle of SeeByte software, reviewing current DevOps practices at SeeByte and proposing innovative improvements.
- Work with our engineering teams to develop and improve our CI pipelines
- Utilise your scripting expertise to improve automation in our build processes
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Hands-on experience in delivering a DevOps pipeline, working closely with software teams.
- Experience with some specific areas of DevOps tooling including:
- Continuous Integration Systems such as Jenkins, CDash or Teamcity
- Virtualisation and Containerisation (Docker) technologies, including setup and management
- Automated Configuration Management Tooling
- Developing and executing unit (C++ and C#) and integration testing
- Issue tracking systems, such as Bugzilla or Jira
- Configuration Management , such SVN, git, mercurial, bazaar
- Experience in software development lifecycles (Agile)
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills
- General Linux or Windows scripting skills (e.g. bash, cmd-prompt)
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills and technology
The following areas are desirable:
- 2+ years professional software experience (commercial or academia).
- Demonstratable experience implementing or improving DevOps processes
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Hybrid work from home policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots and do user research
- Annual company day out
- Support for employee-driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh or in Bristol, two great cities to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium (Edinburgh)
- On-site parking (Edinburgh)
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Outstanding EU applicants without a Visa may be considered for Visa sponsorship with SeeByte. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.