- £45,000 to £60,000
- Pension scheme and bonuses
We are looking for an Autonomy Sr. Tech Lead to join our engineering team based in our Edinburgh office. You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will be part of our Autonomy Technology team contributing to the design and implementation of software components for our Neptune autonomous robotics platforms. The position requires a technically oriented individual who is a good communicator and enjoys working as part of a team to solve complex challenges.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and testing components for the multi-vehicle NEPTUNE autonomy software.
- Develop and implement novel algorithms with performance considerations for advanced automation and robotic applications.
- Perform reviews and use case testing of peer software as needed to support team based agile software practices.
- Contribute to architectural design efforts for core autonomy and perception software.
- Mentor and manage more junior members of the team and assist the project manager in technical interactions with clients and partners.
- Demonstrable software engineering experience, working as part of a team of engineers
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience mentoring engineers
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Experience with ROS middleware (preferred) and/or remote procedure call (gRPC) frameworks.
- Experience working in C++/C on a Linux platform (e.g. Ubuntu)
- 5 years of professional experience (commercial and/or academia)
- Ability to use state of the art techniques to develop Software Architectures
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor and supervise engineers and technical development in the company
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Knowledge of current Continuous Delivery framework (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Software verification and deployment
- Technical knowledge in at least one of:
- Robotics (Motion Planning/Control/Perception)
- Machine Learning
- Cloud technology
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training including quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium
- On-site parking
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES