SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a User Experience Engineer for a position in our Edinburgh office. This is an ideal position for a User Experience Engineer wanting to join a team of passionate, skilled people working in the field of maritime robotics.
You will be closely involved in the creative process to generate new ideas for product improvements that benefit our customers, providing workflows that solve user problems. You will be in charge of reviewing, designing and proposing new, innovative interfaces for SeeByte’s products, as well as leading usability studies with our international client base. A key member of the product team, you will continually work in collaboration with our engineers to improve the overall quality of our products, reviewing and re-designing how our current user interfaces are used to interact and control unmanned systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A “technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role:
Leading the user experience design of our solutions and products, the User Experience Engineer will have the opportunity to shape the next generation of SeeByte’s user interfaces for the offshore energy and maritime defense industries. You will work with the commercial and engineer teams, driving the creative and design process to improve the interaction between SeeByte’s Autonomy software and the end-users.
The role will help manage and improve the look and feel, usability, consistency and innovation of SeeByte’s user interfaces, which are used to command and control unmanned systems and robots. You will carry out reviews of existing UI Designs and mentor front end UI developers to implement your recommendations.
Current SeeByte software products, which will be managed under this role include Neptune (Collaborative Autonomy System), SeeTrack v4 (Command and Control software for Unmanned Vehicles) and CoPilot (Dynamic Positioning software for ROV platforms).
The User Experience Engineer role will be customer and end user focused and requires coordinating and communicating with various internal teams and client representatives to help deliver solutions to meet customer requirements.
Support and training will be given throughout to allow you to develop and grow in the role as required.
- Experience defining user stories/ use cases and using wireframe software to present new ideas and prototype designs
- Experience working with front-end or UI engineers, implementing UI designs
- Proficiency with design tools
- Able to carry out Design Testing and Reviews
- Familiarity with software and experienced working with software development teams
- Strong visual and graphic design sense.
- Knowledgeable in UI development trends
- Able to interface with external clients, to conduct customer research and usability studies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident working in a small company environment
Experience in one or several of the following areas are also desirable however not essential to an application:
- Prior experience working on UK defense projects
- Experience in the delivery of commercial software applications
- Familiarity with C#, Java and/or other UI technologies
Successful candidates usually have a degree Design, HCI, Software Engineering with a UX emphasis, or similar related subject.
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES