SeeByte, the global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Technical Lead to join their team of highly skilled Software Engineers in their Edinburgh office. As Technical Lead you will work on the Autonomy programme, contributing to the development of Mission Planning and On-board mission execution for Unmanned Systems.
You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training including quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium
- On-site parking
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Main Purpose of the Role:
In this role, you will support the project manager to deliver novel applications for maritime robotics systems. You will be contributing to the code base and be responsible for the technical and architectural decision taken by the team. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team and to ensure SeeByte keeps up to date with current Software Engineering practices and technologies.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- 5 years of commercial experience
- Proficient in one of the following languages:
- C++ (Ubuntu/windows),
- C#/java for windows UI development.
- Demonstrable technical leadership as part of a team of engineers
- Ability to use state of the art techniques to develop Software Architecture
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Ability to mentor and supervise engineers and technical development in the company
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience (academic or commercial) in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Familiarity with Robotics Middleware (e.g. ROS)
- Knowledge of current Continuous Delivery framework (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features (e.g. Boost, OpenCV, C++-17 onwards for C++ and WPF for C++)
- Software verification and deployment
- Management and processing of Big Data
- Robotics and Machine Learning techniques
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES