SeeByte is a global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, and we are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer for a position within our team in our San Diego office. This is an ideal offer for an experienced engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity in robotics.
You can expect to become a subject matter technical expert on SeeByte software used on state-of-the-art subsea robots, and to help SeeByte clients evaluate and understand SeeByte’s software solutions working with our partners and clients. You’ll have the chance to see the real-world applications of the software you have helped create. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company.
Main Purpose of the Role
The role will involve primarily working with SeeByte’s software products Neptune (Vehicle Autonomy Framework), SeeTrack v4 (Command and Control software for Unmanned Vehicles) and CoPilot (Dynamic Positioning software for ROV platforms).
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to provide robotic solutions for the oil and gas industry and underwater defense. A significant portion of the role will involve supporting the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NIWC) in San Diego with the evaluation and demonstration of SeeByte software for the US Navy.
Support and training will be given throughout to allow you to develop within the role.
- Experience in Software or Systems Engineering
- Experience in preparing and reviewing commercial Software Documentation including Interfaces and Installation procedures
- Experience in managing Software Requirements
- Ability to perform training of the software in a classroom setting
- Outgoing and comfortable working with external clients, with strong communication skills.
- Willing to take part in at-sea trials, integrating and testing SeeByte software
- Confident working in a small company environment
Experience in several of the following areas is desirable:
- Development and delivery of commercial software applications
- Formal system testing and evaluation
- Organizational skills and track record of delivery for software solutions
- Software architecture design
- Networking system administration
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etcetera.
- Ocean Engineering
- Robotics and Autonomy
- Linux Operating System and bash scripting
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject and three years or more of relevant experience.
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to US Citizens or qualified Green Card holders. Offeree must be able to hold and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES