SeeByte, the global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit Software Engineers to work on its Command and Control, Mission planning and Mission Execution systems within our team in our Edinburgh office.
You will be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training including quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium
- On-site parking
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Main Purpose of the Role
You will have the opportunity to work in the delivery of technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a specialist in software engineering for maritime robotic systems.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages:
- C++ (Ubuntu/windows)
- C# or Java for Windows UI development.
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Willingness to travel domestically or abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience (academic or commercial) in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Familiarity with Robotics Middleware (e.g. ROS)
- Knowledge of current Continuous Delivery framework (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features (e.g. Boost, OpenCV, C++-17 onwards for C++ and WPF for C#)
- Software verification and deployment
- Management and processing of Big Data
- Robotics and Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge of setting up Continuous Delivery pipelines
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES