SeeByte, a global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit C++ Software Engineers / Senior Software Engineers to work on its Command and Control, Mission planning and mission execution systems within our team in our Edinburgh office. You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will be given the opportunity to see the real-world application of the software that SeeByte has created. You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic and world respected technology company within the exciting field of robotics, with clear development, training and career progression opportunities provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A “technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
You will have the opportunity to work in the delivery of technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a specialist in software engineering for maritime robotic systems. Applicants with at least 3 years of commercial experience will be considered for the Sr. Engineer role, applicants with less than 3 years of commercial experience will be considered for the engineer role.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Proficient in one of the following languages: C++ (Ubuntu/windows), C#/java for windows UI development. Knowledge of more than one programming language is advantageous.
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- The ability to mentor and supervise engineers and technical development in the company
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience (academic or commercial) in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Autonomy / A.I.
- Knowledge of data mining/machine learning /deep learning algorithms
- Software verification and deployment
- Management and processing of Big Data
- Creation/Management of static and dynamic libraries
- Knowledge of Boost, OpenCV and Web Services
- Familiarity with ROS, Docker container
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture
- 3 years of experience required for the Senior Role
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES