SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit Senior Technical Leads / Engineer Manager within our team in the Edinburgh office. You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will be given the opportunity to see the real-world application of the software that SeeByte has created. You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic and world respected technology company within the exciting field of robotics, with clear development, training and career progression opportunities provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Internal “technology projects” to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
You will have the opportunity to lead engineer project teams to deliver technology solutions to SeeByte’s customers including Military and Oil and Gas customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience managing technology development and engineering teams or have a commercial track record that demonstrates the ability to step-up to this level of responsibility. The applicant should have project and people management skills within a software development environment and should be comfortable interacting with clients and partners, and leading technology development efforts. The candidate will also have experience working in the maritime domain and would ideally have knowledge of robotics and/or the command and control of unmanned systems.
This role is suitable for engineers with 5+ years commercial engineering experience.
- Graduated with a BSc, MSc or PhD in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Demonstrable experience as a Technical Lead, working with and managing people, within a software engineering environment
- 5+ years programming experience on one of the following languages: Java, C++ or C#.
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- The ability to lead engineers and interns and to project manage a team to deliver technology
- An understanding of software development and QA processes
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations and trials
- An interest in software technology relevant to the field of maritime robotics
- Experience working in the Maritime Industry
- Eligible to apply for UK Security Clearance
The following areas of experience are desirable:
- Experience in software relevant to the maritime robotics domain
- Experience developing technical proposals for new programs of work
- Experience developing, updating and managing QA and software development models
- Technology roadmapping and gap analysis.
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES