SeeByte, the global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer to join SeeByte’s Project Lead training program in their Edinburgh office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic software engineer who is interested in transitioning into a technical project management position, while working for a world leading maritime robotics company.
SeeByte are looking for a senior software engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills who is keen on being developed “on-the-job” to become a Senior Project Lead able to manage projects, interact with clients and lead development teams. The successful candidate will initially work as a Technical Lead as part of an engineering team, learning SeeByte’s technology, processes and commercial domain. They will be mentored and trained over a 12-month period in the skills required to become a Senior Project Lead at SeeByte.
You will be working as part of a world leading, expert engineering team, integrating software with state-of-the-art maritime robots on a large range of exciting projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base. Focused training and mentoring will be provided over the initial 12 months period to prepare the successful candidate for project and engineering management.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Opportunities to travel to great locations worldwide to work with robots
- Annual company day out
- Support for Engineer driven projects to prototype and explore new ideas
- Clear development, training and career progression opportunities
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training including quarterly company lunches with technology presentations
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work
- Free access to a gymnasium
- On-site parking
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work Scheme and Travel season ticket loan
Main Purpose of the Role:
In this role, you will start as a Technical Lead on a project, supporting the project manager in the design, development and testing of novel applications for maritime robotics systems. You will receive on-going training and mentoring on SeeByte’s domain, customers, partners, technology and processes in preparation for taking on project management responsibilities at SeeByte within a 12-18 month time frame. You will progressively be expected to mentor and manage more junior members of the team and assist the project manager in client and partner interactions as your training progresses.
- Demonstrable software engineering experience, working as part of a team of engineers
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience mentoring engineers
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- 5 years of commercial experience
- Proficient in C++, C# or equivalent
- Keen to developing into a project manager at SeeByte within a 12 -18 month time frame
- Ability to use state of the art techniques to develop Software Architecture
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with external partners and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor and supervise engineers and technical development in the company
- Willingness to travel abroad to support on-site client demonstrations and training
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Knowledge of current Continuous Delivery framework (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Use of current programming language features (e.g. Boost, OpenCV, C++17 onwards for C++ and WPF for C#)
- Software verification and deployment
- Technical knowledge in at least one of:
- Machine Learning
- Cloud technology
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES