SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Product Support Engineer for a position in our Edinburgh office. This is an ideal offer for someone wanting to join a team of passionate, skilled people setting a new standard for underwater robotics.
You will be responsible for supporting and fielding SeeByte products working with a diverse range of customers around the world. A key member of the product team, you will continually work in collaboration with our engineers and sales team to improve the overall quality of our products.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A “technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role:
Working with sales and engineering teams, the Product Support Engineer will have the opportunity to shape the next generation of SeeByte’s products for the offshore energy and maritime defence industries. The Product Support Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the product delivery lifecycle, working closely with the Engineering and Sales teams. They will be required to drive SeeByte’s end user interaction including deployment, training, support and interpreting feedback to inform the next iteration of the products.
Applicable SeeByte software products include Neptune (Vehicle Autonomy Framework), SeeTrack v4 (Command and Control software for Unmanned Vehicles) and CoPilot (Dynamic Positioning software for ROV platforms).
The Product Support Engineer role will be customer and end-user focused and requires coordinating and communicating with various internal teams and client representatives to help deliver solutions to meet customer requirements. Applicants must be prepared to travel both within the UK and the rest of the world.
Support and training will be given throughout to allow you to develop and grow in the role as required.
- Strong technical background
- Basic experience of Linux and Windows software configuration, installation and shell scripting
- Ability to interface comfortably with external clients, to conduct customer research and usability studies.
- Ability to interpret feedback and relay internally to sales and engineering teams
- Outgoing personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels in both verbal and written communication
- Confident working in a small company environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident travelling to visit and deliver product training to customers and clients
Experience in one or several of the following areas is also desirable however not essential to an application:
- Prior experience working on UK defence projects
- Experience in the delivery of commercial software applications
- Experience working directly with end-users and capturing feedback
- Background experience in robotics
Successful candidates usually have a degree in Software Engineering/Systems Engineering, or another technical discipline but other backgrounds will be considered if relevant commercial experience can be demonstrated.
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES