SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a recent graduate for a Software Engineer position within our team in our San Diego office. This could be a great opportunity for a recent graduate looking for an exciting career in robotics.
You can expect to be integrating SeeByte software onto state-of-the-art subsea robots used for exciting and varied projects and taking part in at-sea experiments. There will be opportunities to test and demonstrate SeeByte’s software solutions with our partners and clients, giving you the chance to see the real-world applications of the software you have helped create. You will regularly work with our large development team based in Scotland, UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company.
Main Purpose of Role
The role will involve primarily working with SeeByte’s software products Neptune (Vehicle Autonomy Framework), SeeTrack v4 (Command and Control software for Unmanned Vehicles) and CoPilot (Dynamic Positioning software for ROV platforms).
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to provide robotic solutions for the oil and gas industry and underwater defense. A major element of the role will involve supporting the US Navies Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) Centre in San Diego with the installing, configuring, and demonstrating of SeeByte software.
Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a specialist in software engineering for underwater systems.
- Recently Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree
- Experience in object-oriented programming on Linux and Windows systems
- Experience in scripting tools to automate testing and installation tasks.
- Outgoing and comfortable working with external clients, with strong communication skills.
- Willing to take part in at-sea trials, integrating and testing SeeByte software
- Confident working in a small company environment
- Use of at least one of the following object-oriented programming languages C++, Java, C#
- The applicant would ideally demonstrate a keen interest in using the ROS framework and the Docker containerization platform.
Having completed a University project in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
- Robotics / Autonomous System
- Computer Vision
- Autonomous navigation and geolocalization
- Graphical User Interface
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to US Citizens or Green Card holders. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES