SeeByte creates some of the world’s most advanced software for managing unmanned and remote vehicles and assets. We pride ourselves on our world-class engineering and smart solutions designed for customer-specific needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward-thinking company with an international client base.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Bid Manager will be responsible for managing the internal bid and proposal process, coordinating both the commercial and technical submission for the company. They will be required to liaise with relevant engineering and commercial knowledge to prepare technically competent and compliant bids to SeeByte’s customers. They will also assist the Sales team with customer management and sales administrative duties where needed.
As Bid Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
Commercial and Technical Bid Submissions
- Management of Supplier Accreditation and Questionnaires.
- Completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Accreditation and Supplier Questionnaires.
- Submission of Bid / Proposal to exacting standards.
- Assist with Order / Contract reviews.
- Working closely with the Sales, Engineering and Operations teams to ensure winning bids.
Bid / Proposal Process
- Management of the proposal toolkit and resources.
- Development of current and new marketing and sales literature to support bids.
- Working in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing team.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Assist with day to day management of relationships for all current proposals.
- Tracking opportunities on CRM and other related Sales administration duties.
Key Skills/ Experience
- Understanding of software engineering development, any related qualifications would be an advantage.
- Understanding of sales processes, particularly bid and proposal process.
- Some experience drafting proposals for large high-tech software engineering projects.
- Ideally prior experience in Maritime, within the Defence or Oil & Gas industries, would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Maintaining key internal relationships, with the rest of the Sales team.
- Confident working in a small company environment.
- Confident working to targets.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Due to the nature of the role and the global maritime industry, travel may be required from time to time
How to Apply
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in person (no recruitment agencies) with an up to date CV, including current salary details and notice period.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post, it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British Nationals who can obtain a security clearance. All selected candidates will be subject to background checking.